Teacher – Bournemouth
Cavendish School is seeking English language teachers to work at our busy and friendly school.
After full inductive training you will teach groups of international juniors on short closed group and holiday courses. Teachers should be enthusiastic, self-motivated and energetic to guide their young learners adequately using English. Teachers will receive full academic support from the DoS team.
- Prospective candidates must be qualified with a Level 6 Degree and CELTA/Trinity Cert ESOL.
- Previous classroom experience is desirable although not essential.
- Training will be provided, including safeguarding training.
- Would possibly suit an applicant with an additional job/s.
- Hours required are Monday – Friday daytime and some weekends. There can be some flexibility with these arrangements for the right candidate.
- Approximately 8 to 16 hours per week.
- Some flexibility for increased hours during our peak periods, and the opportunity of additional hours during the summer or occasional busy periods.
- DBS is essential, although all staff are subject to our Safer Recruitment policy.
- Training to take place in mid-February, and then on timetable from March 2020.
- Friendly team and welcoming company.
- Fun and interesting work environment. Please note that you will often be working when students are present at the school.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, WHICH FORMULATES PART OF OUR SAFER RECRUITMENT POLICY:
A DBS certificate of an Enhanced Disclosure for the Children’s Workforce is required for this position; any certificate must be no more than 3 months old. For applicants who do not already hold such a certificate, Cavendish School of English is able to process DBS applications.
Cavendish School of English is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of under-18s and expects all of its employees to share this ethos. We see it as our duty to rigorously check any potential members of staff to ensure that they are fully suited to working in an environment where they will come into regular contact with under-18s.
All applicants should note that:
- References will be followed up.
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily.
- Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required.
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the candidate should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- Benefits: Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
Job Types: Part-time.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org